Thursday, August 1, 2013

DeBrie Family

My favorite sister-in-law recently asked me to take some pictures of her sweet family of 3.  I agreed on the condition that she would trade and take pictures of our family!  Our husbands were thrilled with this agreement. [Not.]

We went to Lake Zorinsky as soon as we could get out the door after Lanie woke up at 7:30 am.  As far as photo shoots go, happy baby > perfect lighting in our opinions.  But, a couple hours after the sun comes up is actually a great time. So win-win.

As far as how they turned out - I learned a lot even just from taking Matthew and Jessica's engagement pictures a few days prior.  Plus, I tried to read/ practice a bit in between the two photo shoots so I could hopefully improve a little!  What a learning curve there is in photography!  But it's definitely a learn-by-doing scenario so I think there was some progress even just between the two sessions.  [happy sigh - how fun.]

Side note - a family friend of my inlaws came and took family pictures Monday night.  Monday night.  Remember what I said earlier about happy babies?  Let's just say 6 pm is a risky time at this house for babies. She brought Sophie the giraffe & HOLY COW!!!! That squeaky giraffe is a miracle worker for baby pictures.  Mind Blown.

Back to Alex & Elsie.  It was hard for me to pick less than 50 to show you because they were so happy and natural to photograph, not to mention they were with the cutest 1 year old on the planet.

So, here it goes!!




Lanie loves to be thrown.

 Got a hold on mom's hair while talking to dad :) 

I'm not sure why, but I think this one is just so sweet. 

Exploring


This one cracks me up every time!! It's the same face she makes mid-shiver :) 


My genius niece loves to find belly buttons. 

Especially her dad's because it makes him laugh! 

This is one of my top 5 favorites from the whole morning.  



This also makes top 5.


Look at those sweet eyes & tiny teeth.  She is so precious. 











 Love all 3 of them.  



2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!! Are you a professional photographer now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beck!! Haha no. Just a wanna be ;) Actually, it's just a hobby & I'm enjoying the time to practice and hoping to learn more!

    ReplyDelete