Friday, August 30, 2013

back to the basics: the gospel and grace

In church on Sunday, the pastor began a 3 week mini series in which we will go back to the basics on the gospel, community, and missions.

This week was gospel.

Halfway through the sermon, he said something that made me ask myself the following question:

If I really believe the gospel, what does that mean for my life on a day to day basis. 

The one word answer that came to mind after a few minutes of thought was GRACE.

If I believe the gospel, then grace should dictate my day-to-day living.

Grace is one of those words that gets thrown around, mostly by Christians I suppose, with an assumption that everyone knows what you mean. But, how important to define 'grace' if it is to in fact be the basis by which I lead my life.

Grace: Unmerited favor; giving someone what they do not deserve.