Thursday, September 19, 2013

Living Proof Live Simulcast Recap

The other day, I mentioned I was attending a simulcast of a Living Proof Live event with Beth Moore teaching.

I am still processing.
Learning.
Allowing the Lord to change me and sink those principles so far in I can't forget them.

She suggested not to "tweet it before you eat it" - which of course I laughed out loud to, and then subtly tried to put my phone down, hoping no one noticed I was about to tweet something she just said. (Just kidding. Or am I?)

Anyway, it's been a couple days, and these were my major takeaways so far. Just the point-by-points. Maybe I'll be able to summarize and explain them more later. Maybe not.

#1
Romans 6:6 reads "We know that our old self was crucified with [Christ] in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sn."
Some things in our lives need to hear a loud "NO LONGER." 

#2
No door is too dark that Jesus Christ would not be willing to enter and make himself the exit for even 1 person. We can't get him dirty. He will go anywhere for anyone. He wants you. No matter what you've done, where you've been, or who you are. If I whole-heartedly believe this, I should be extending his grace to everyone I meet.

#3
Living with your 'salvation by grace' but your works under the law will make someone neurotic. The whole Christian life is to be lived out under grace.

#4
It's time to let the old dead self go.

#5
The prodigal son said to his father, "I am no longer worthy to be called your son." I have often thought this and come to God saying, "I am no longer worthy Lord." The problem with this reasoning/ repentance is, it assumes I was at one point worthy. I was never worthy. Jesus Christ is worthy enough for me.

#6
Grace is not the equal antithesis of our sin. If I have sinned, for example, to a "9," I do not get a "9" in grace... I get a 9,000,000. Grace is infinite. It drowns my sin.


Oh my goodness, that summary does not even do justice all the Lord is teaching me. Back into the Word I go to study and learn and let it all sink in. Lord, help me to get this grace thing.

2014 "identity declaration song"
source