Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Jesus Storybook Bible Spoiler Alert!

source
Spoiler Alert - I'm going to give you the ending of the Jesus Storybook Bible.
Only because it moved me to tears as Addie and I were reading it this morning.
(Okay, I was reading out loud while Addie was bouncing and moving all over the place, trying to eat the pages.)

I suggest reading it out loud. Or whisper it. Something about hearing the words makes them all the more beautiful.

  It was hard to squeeze all John saw into words. And fit it onto a page. And cram it into a book. All the words on all the pages of all the books in all the world would never be enough. 
    "I am the Beginning," Jesus said, "and the Ending!"
    One day, John knew, Heaven would come down and mend God's broken world and make it our true, perfect home once again. 
    And he knew, in some mysterious way that would be hard to explain, that everything was going to be more wonderful for once having been so sad.
    And he knew then that the ending of The Story was going to be so great, it would make all the sadness and tears and everything seem like just a shadow that is chased away by the morning sun. 
    "I'm on my way," said Jesus. "I'll be there soon!"
    John came to the end of his book. But he didn't write "The End." Because, of course, that's how stories finish. (And this one's not over yet.) 
    So instead, he wrote: "Come quickly, Jesus!" 
    Which, perhaps, is really just another way of saying...



To be continued...

[To get the full effect, you'll just have to buy one so you can read it with the pictures and the page turns.]

//

Paraphrase of John 1:12-13 (still quoting the Jesus Storybook Bible here.)

For anyone who says yes to Jesus
For anyone who believes what Jesus said
For anyone who will just reach out to take it
Then God will give them this wonderful gift: 

To be born into
A whole new Life
To be who they realy are 
Who God always made them to be - 
Their own true selves - 
God's dear
Child. 

Because, you see, the most wonderful thing about this Story is - it's your story, too!



Are you are a part of His story? 
Did you see he tagline on the cover of this Bible?
It says: "Every story whispers His Name." 
How beautiful. 
This sweet children's Bible has taught me a thing or two and I am seeing Jesus throughout the Bible in a whole new way. 
Grace Incarnate.
Geez Louise - between reading this storybook Bible and studying with the Thru the Bible teaching (I'm listening here), I am brought to my knees over and over these days. 
I cannot get enough.
God is so good. 
So faithful. 



p.s. This is by far the best children's bible I've ever seen. I am not an expert, but I do know my way around the children's book section at a book store. This is worth it. The small one is $12.18. I don't know how much the big one is. If you have kids in your home, or in your life, take the plunge & get one. You won't regret it!

Have I convinced you? :)