Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week 1

I wrote this a week ago, but then forgot to click 'publish.' So here it is... a week later.

Last week was my first full week as a stay-at-home-momma to 2 without Mr. Cook to assist me. (We had this crazy 6 weeks where Ben didn't work, so we really eased into the whole 2 kiddos thing.)

Summary... 
Addie slept till 9 am the first day. It was awesome. I thought, "No problem. I can do this."
Until she puked up all her breakfast... twice. 
Then she was sick with a bad cold the rest of the week. 
Which meant short naps, lots of tears & clingy-ness.
Not to mention the adjustment from seeing dad all day to 1 hour or so at night.  
We left the house a few times. For sanity.
Because somehow running errands seemed easier than being at home??
We ate the same pre-made dinner Monday through Wednesday evenings. Because back in May when I was doing freezer meals, I made a 13 x 9 pan of ravioli. For 2 adults and a toddler.
Then we ate the same chicken casserole the next few nights in a row. Thank you to a new friend who made that for us!
Addie is now allowed to watch tv shows that we DVR. T-G-F-SS (Thank God for Sesame Street.)
I shopped at Aldi for the first time - it's so cheap. Pretty pumped about that.
I bought a $4 end table at goodwill.
That I started priming. With oil-based primer based on the Home Depot guy's recommendation. Huge mistake. (More on that later. Bottom line: WATER.BASED.PRIMER.)
I think I cried once. Or twice.
But we made it. Because we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
All things.

And make no mistake. At the end of the day, I love these girls. 


Here's to week 2 being better than week 1.