Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Grateful

I don't know about you but once in a while, it occurs to me that God is protecting me (and my family) from things I don't even know about- a car accident, a health tragedy, a bad boss, etc...  But then, every so often, I get a glimpse of what that thing really is in all it's danger.  Let's use the car accident example.  You're driving a long, going about your business as you approach a green light when suddenly you decide to look left, and as you do, you slam on the brakes because somebody else is running their red light, and had you not looked left, they would have slammed into your driver's side door.  Or, I'll use a personal example. When I was in high school, we were in a car accident.  The kid I was driving with was tired, and the garbage truck was going too fast.  We pulled out right in front of a garbage truck going over 40 mph, only to be spun several times, the car totaled. All the windows shattered. The driver's side of the tiny compact sedan practically crunched up to the passenger's side.  My friend, my brother, and I climbed out. Unharmed. Brian might have needed a bandaid, but I don't remember. If you had looked at the car, you would have thought every passenger was dead.  (In fact, there were some rumors going around at school that we were dead, but that's besides the point.)
It was a miracle.
My parents covered our lives in prayer. And God heard, and protected us, just as His Word promises. 

But, most days, we go through life unaware of what God is protecting us from. And that's a good thing.  However, once in a while, for whatever reason, you get to actually glimpse what He's protecting you from.  And, when you do glimpse it- that miraculous protection- as I did recently (in an event I'd rather not detail on the World Wide Web), it just leaves you, well... I can only speak for myself.

It left me grateful, humbled, and in prayer once again. 
On my knees before my Lord- thanking & praising Him for how he watches over my life and my family. 

It reminds me of that song... 
Hallelujah what a Savior, 
I owe everything to Him.
Hallelujah what a Savior, 
Hallelujah to my King.