Sunday, June 30, 2013

Business

We are moving to Boston and now that I'm in stay-at-home-mom mode (which I think I will refer to as SAHM henceforth.) I love sounding fancy. Ok, where was I?

Now that I'm in stay at home mom mode, I've been thinking of ways to make some extra money on the side.  I'm still in the brainstorming phase, so here's what I have so far:

1. Compile my teaching resources digitally, blog about how to use them, and sell them on tpt. Long term, this might turn into an opportunity to compile a cohesive elementary music curriculum/ sequence to teach to college students. 

2. Invent something awesome. 

3. Amateur professional photography?  I know, I know... With cheap, high quality cameras, everyone's a photographer.  But here's my idea.  I was in a wedding recently, and the photographer couldn't be at the girls' getting ready location.  So, I brought my camera and the owner of the hair salon asked if I'd send him the pictures for his website and Facebook page.  I of course agreed. And then got the idea-  by word of mouth, I could photograph small businesses like that salon, or a local restaurant opening, or a 3 year old birthday party.  Random things that people want good pictures of but don't want to pay a legit professional for.  I can compile a portfolio of shots I've taken and mostly acquire business by word of mouth.  Say I charged 100$ (or so) for a couple hours and you get all the photos on a disc.  No hassle.  It'd be a great way to learn more about and practice a hobby I love too. I don't have all the details worked out, but you get the picture... 
(Cheesy pun totally intended.)

4. Take another kiddo in my home (by home I mean, 800 sq ft apartment) a couple days a week. 
I'm not super stoked about this idea, but I'm open and willing, depending on the scenario.

5. Piano or voice lessons. Good old fallback. Except we won't have a piano in Boston... But I could do it out of a studio, or church, or university practice room. Maybe. 

6. Professional organizer. Consulting, helping people come up with systems for their home or office, and helping them set up the systems and implement them well.  This could go in lots of directions, but you don't get to heartbeat details now because my sweet Adelyn is waking up.  

I have thought through some pros, cons, and details, but any input you have is appreciated!!!!!  Comment below :)