Wednesday, January 18, 2012

just visiting

lately, i've felt a bit... well, i don't know what the word is.  out of place, maybe.  socially awkward in a situation, longing to do something meaningful with my time, missing teaching in a classroom, but enjoying my private lessons, wanting a deep effortless conversation with a friend, wondering about future plans.  i've been content,  but just feeling out of place.

then, yesterday, i went to my first women's bible study for the year.  i am in a class that is doing Beth Moore's study on the book of James.  Wow!! the first video rocked my world.  i am stoked!  afterwards, i was thinking about what i'd just learned, and the Lord whispered this to me:

remember, you aren't at home here.  you were created to be with me in heaven.  you're temporarily on earth.  


how amazing!  that thought had nothing to do with the particular lesson from Beth Moore's study, but as i was thinking about God's Word, God gave that to me because he knew what i needed to hear. and as he spoke that to me, He brought to mind other bible verses that say the same thing:

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body...


2 Corinthians 5 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling...He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.  So we are always of good courage.  We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.  Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.


i so needed that reminder - i am not at home here. at times i will feel out of place, content as i may be, i will still be somewhat a misfit.  because i belong with my jesus in heaven.  this reminds me of one of my favorite songs.



expectant,
renee