Thursday, November 14, 2013

Secret sewing projects & my next quilt

I've been working on a few secret sewing projects. I can't share them with you yet. But they have been fun!!

I posted this on instagram awhile ago, but I made this quilt top.

After much agonizing in the fabric store, I landed on this fabric for the backing.

So, I have the top, batting and backing & I'm sure I have something around here that will work for the binding, but I'm too scared to tackle quilting it all together. I'm considering bringing it home at Christmas and asking either my mom, her neighbor, and/or my mother-in-law for help. Or maybe I'll take a class at our local store - they have a 'finish it up' class. I've watched approximately 4 tutorials online for basting, quilting, and binding, but I just can't bring myself to give it a try. I love the top and I don't want to ruin it :) But, I want to learn how to do it myself

Dilemmas!

In the meantime, I'm dreaming of the next quilt I work on.
I'm thinking zig zags.

The fishes are cute but I probably wouldn't use fish themed.  I do like the aqua/navy/orange though :) 
source

i LOVE this one!! 
source

but i also love this one. 
source


oh, and the other design on my list to try is a window block thing. that's the technical term. something like this:

source

source

source

source
i think that last one is my favorite in that style.
so many choices! my pinterest 'sewing' board is out of control.

What do you think? What's your favorite!?