Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday #1

I feel so thankful lately.  The pastor of the church I grew up in would preach "gratitude is the attitude that sets the altitude for living."  Think about it.

I thought about doing a "thankful" post every day... my dear friend Kristen did that last year around the time of Thanksgiving :) I wasn't sure I could commit to post every day.  So Thankful-Thursdays it is.

Today I'm thankful for God's abundant abundant provision of private students.  We moved here about 5 weeks ago.  I have 26 students coming to lessons this week and only a couple of those are trials.  Of everyone who has done a "trial" lesson, only 2 have not stayed on in my studio.  Wow.  Can I say it again?  Wow.  Seriously, right before we moved to Lincoln, someone told me that I would have difficulty finding students - specifically that I would probably be able to get about 10 students over the course of a year.  That it's hard to build a studio.  This advice was well intentioned, of course, just realistic.  But God is bigger than realistic.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." Ephesians 3:20

Immeasurably more than I imagine? check.

I really believe God gave me the desire to teach private lessons this year.  It's different from my heart's desire in the past.  But He is using it to meet our needs and go above and beyond.  Who knows what He's preparing us for?!? (Only He does.)

Thankful,
Ren

1 comment: