Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Dip

This is one of those dips that is so easy, and everyone loves. But I'd never made it. I whipped some up for a little lady's night and it seemed to go over well!

source

I'm sure you can find a million recipes online and they'll basically all be the same, but this is the one I used. I made a couple changes, so I just wrote it out below. 

Ingredients
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan (OR 1/4 cup parmesan + 1/4 cup romano) 
1 clove minced garlic 
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic salt 
salt and pepper to taste (I almost NEVER add salt to anything) 
1- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained 
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella 

Directions
1. Preheat oven 350. Lightly grease a small baking dish. Any size will work. 
2. Mix all together. I used a hand mixer to make it easier with the cream cheese. 
3. Transfer to baking dish, sprinkle a little more cheese (because, really, you can never have enough). 
4. Bake 25 minutes, or until bubbly and light browned. 
5. Eat the entire thing. No don't do this. Unless you have help from other pregnant ladies... 

OH! I served with Stacy's Pita Crisps, not to be confused with Pita CHIPS. I have only seen these Crisps in the store relatively recently, but they are my FAVORITE for dips like this. They're in a smaller bag than the Stacy's Pita Chips, but they are oh so delicious. And all the different flavorful varieties are equally tasty. You should probably go get them, now. I'll even throw in a picture so you can find them more easily :)