This is my all-time-favorite-go-to-coffee cake. I always assumed it was just because I grew up with it, but when more than one play group momma asked for the recipe, I figured I'd post it. Happy baking!
2 sticks of butter
2 cups sugar
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream eggs, butter & sugar together in standing mixer for 20 minutes, or at least 10.
3. While that is mixing, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, & pecans in a small bowl. Set it aside.
4. After the eggs, butter and sugar have been mixing 10-20 minutes, fold in sour cream, vanilla, flour (both) & baking powder.
5. Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
6. Spoon just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan.
7. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar/ cinnamon/ pecan mixture over the batter in the pan.
8. Spoon in half of the remaining batter, then the rest of the brown sugar mixture, then the rest of the batter.
9. The original recipe says to cook 45-60 minutes, but I usually start checking at 30. It's MUCH better undercooked than overcooked, and it's easy to accidentally dry it out. (I do the fork test, and stick a fork in and pull it out when the fork just barely doesn't have anything stuck on it.)
10. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then loosen cake from the pan using a knife or long thin spatula.
11. Invert pan to get cake out and let it continue cooling on rack or plate.