Wednesday, March 19, 2014

You know you're baking impulsively when...

...you have to borrow the chocolate chips from your neighbor.
Hey, I'm pregnant and I shared some with friends. Don't judge.
Anyway, I made these from my pinterest 'recipes to try' board, and let's just say, they quickly moved over to the 'recipes I use' board
I made them exactly as the recipe is from all recipes.com
Here's the original recipe but I also spelled it out below in case that makes your life easier. 

source

One bowl + one pan + 10 minutes prep = delicious 

Ingredients
2/3 cup shortening
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla 
3 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 & grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, cream shortening, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Slowly blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut. Spread evenly into prepared pan. 
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes & let it cool before cutting into bars. [I pulled it out after about 17 minutes when the edges were brown and the center made a toothpick barely gooey. They were perfect!]

Next time, and there will be a next time, I'm going to swap out butterscotch chips for half of the chocolate chips.

I'm going to go eat one. Make them so you can too :)