Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday

I haven't really had much to say this past week I guess... blogging kinda went to the wayside.

My younger (but not littler) brother turned 22 last week.

Then...

the day Brian came home from the hospital

Now...

San Francisco in July




We're still good friends :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I subbed 2 days last week in Elementary school music.  
Kids often giggle when I say my name is "Mrs. Cook."  I guess "cook" is funny.
The 1st day of subbing, she didn't know I was a music person, so we watched movies all day.  2nd graders STILL love the Magic School Bus!  haha Miss Frizzle (or should i say "the frizz") is so entertaining.
The 2nd day, we learned Halloween songs.  4th and 5th grade learned "Little Shop of Horrors" which they loved.  You should have seen how captivated they were when I told them the storyline about the singing, man-eating plant.  They were SO excited to learn it.  And of course they asked if we could learn a dance, so I said yes.  And then proceeded to make up one on the spot.  I am not a good dancer.  So we step-touched our way through much of the song.  And performed for their classroom teachers.  And it was full of awesomeness.  The kids were so pumped.  :) I like days like that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last week's dinner menu was:
baked mac and cheese
baked potato soup (crockpot!) 
spaghetti (home made sacue)
chicken pad thai

It wasn't a very exciting week of meals.  The baked potato soup was good, but I didn't like it.  Well, Ben loved it. (I don't think he was faking it.) and I could see that it would be good.. if you liked baked potato soup, which apparently I don't.  I don't really like the flavor of potato in my soup.  Something about the soupy potato texture combo.  But, if you like baked potato soup, I suggest making it in the crockpot.  It's easy. and probably scrumptious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week, we're starting a workout program called "Insanity."
I'm legitimately nervous.
and out of shape.
and not typically "insane" when it comes to exercise.
but i'm excited! 
and want to be in shape
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have 38 piano students. 
My goal is 50 by January.
Our original goal was 20 by October.  
I had 20 in about 1 month of moving here.  
God is so faithful to do "above and beyond all we can ask or imagine."  (Eph 3:20)  That is the resounding theme of this season in our lives.  
Thankful thankful thankful for his great faithfulness.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end; 
They are new every morning;
Great is your faithfulness 
                   Lamentations 3:22-23

happy monday :)