Peanut Butter Chocolate Bon Bons
Time: 30 minutes prep (ish??)
2 C. sifted powdered sugar (you sift first, then measure)
1 C. graham cracker crumbs
¾ C. chopped pecans
½ C. flaked coconut
½ C. butter
½ C. peanut butter
½ C. semisweet chocolate chips
3 T shortening
· In a large bowl combine powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, pecans & coconut.
· In a small saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter (medium heat – slowly; stir once it gets liquidy).
· Once completely melted, pour peanut butter/ butter mixture over the coconut mixture. Blend until the mixture is moistened.
· Shape into 1” balls (being careful not to make them too big)
· In another small saucepan over LOW heat, melt chocolate pieces with shortening.
· Dip the peanut butter balls individually into the chocolate/shortening mixture to coat.
· Place balls on waxed paper after dipping.
· Refrigerate before eating J
· Store tightly covered, between layers of waxed paper in the fridge. Do not freeze. (They keep a long time in the fridge.)